This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data collected from you, or that you provide to GCHW, will be processed by GCHW. Please read the following carefully to understand GCHW’s views and practices regarding your personal data and how GCHW will treat it. By visiting https://www.globalhealthyworkplace.org you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, the data controller is GCHW. The GCHW is co-owned by i-genius Limited (based in the UK) and Wolf Kirsten International Health Consulting (based in the USA). It is governed under the co-directorship of Tommy Hutchinson (i-genius) and Wolf Kirsten (International Health Consulting).
- Information GCHW may collect from you
GCHW may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give GCHW. You may give GCHW information about you by filling in forms on our site https://www.globalhealthyworkplace.org or by corresponding with GCHW by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the GCHWsite, place an order via GCHW to attend an event, subscribe to GCHW newsletter, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on GCHW site, enter a competition or survey, and when you report a problem with the GCHW site. The information you give GCHW may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information collected about you. With regard to each of your visits to GCHW site GCHW may automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information received from project sources. We may receive information about you from Global Centre for Healthy Workplaces, Wolf Kistern International Consulting, i-genius and other related projects.
2. Uses made of the information
GCHW use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to GCHW. GCHW will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to GCHW service;
- to ensure that content from GCHW site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.Information GCHW collect about you. GCHW will use this information:
- to administer GCHWwebsite and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve GCHW website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of GCHW’s efforts to keep our site safe and secure
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
If you do not want us to use your data in the above ways, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
GCHW may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist GCHW in the improvement and optimisation of the GCHW website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If GCHW or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
4. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
6. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act free of charge.
Data Protection Information
Global Centre for Healthy Workplaces (GCHW) takes the protection of data extremely seriously. Information provided as part of an application for either an Awards or Certification is shared only with the individuals assessing the application, namely the assessors, judges, and administrators. It is not under any circumstances circulated to third parties and would only be done so (for instance for the purposes of research) with the express permission in writing of the provider. Winners of Awards and certified applicants may be listed on the GCHW website and in newsletters, social media and press releases along with a brief high level resume of their business drawn from information already in the public domain (for instance, from the applicant’s own website) or from content provided by the applicant for this purpose.
Data & Data Type Definition
GCHW takes the protection of data extremely seriously. Information provided as part of an application, project, course, event or programme is shared only with the individuals assessing the given information, namely the team members, partners, assessors, judges, and administrators. It is not under any circumstances circulated to third parties and would only be done so (for instance for the purposes of research) with the express permission in writing of the provider.
Personal Data is defined as: Name, Address, Company Name, Email address and Date of birth.
GCHW only holds the following data: name, email address, company name, telephone number and country location.
GCHW does not hold any of the above data.
GCHW holds data on its contacts via:
- main database central system
- within spreadsheets on our cloud storage
- local records on team computers
- paper records (business cards received, filled in forms, etc)
- temporary local digital records
- temporary paper records
The data kept is Personal Data, as it does not include Race, Ethnic Origin, Religion, and Health information.
GCHW communicates using only email addresses either via direct email contact or through its newsletter mailings. None of these communications include the sharing of Personal Data or Sensitive Personal Data.
GCHW does not hold any legacy data on local personal computers.
GCHW does not hold any data beyond that which is required of it for the use of direct and newsletter email.
The data is accessed by:
- Team members who have access to computers upon which data has been stored
- Login access to data systems controlled by GCHW
- Team members who have access to paper records
- Whoever has access to the email addresses to/from which data has been transmitted (uncontrolled by GCHW) – i.e. through email communication
Consent is given to GCHW when an individual/company signs up to our newsletter database mailing list via our websites and/or requests to do so by direct email. Consent is given to GCHW when asked directly and by way of business card exchange followed up by a double confirmation before being added to our data system.
Upon request GCHW will immediately remove data of any individual or company by deleting data on its systems.
Reporting data upon request
Upon request GCHW will immediately share data it holds on an individual or company after the confirming the official and legal identity by the individual or company from which the request came.